- State Bar of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- J.D., University of Houston Law Center
- First Place, 2012 Law Student Legal Writing Contest, State Bar of Texas (International Law Section)
- B.A. in Political Science, B.A. in Middle Eastern Studies, Trinity University
- Student Body President
- Trinitonian newspaper reporter, columnist, and copy editor
- National Merit Commended Student and Scholarship Recipient
- President Academic Merit Scholarship Recipient
- The Junior League of Houston
- Houston Bar Association
- Houston Trial Lawyers Association
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association
- American Association for Justice
- Williams Hart Boundas, L.L.P.
- Rusty Hardin & Associates, P.C.
- The Crosley Law Firm, P.C.
- Hilder & Associates, P.C.
Raised in Saudi Arabia, Emily gained an early appreciation for the value of effective communication. It wasn’t long after moving to the United States that she began using these skills professionally – as just a teenager, she began working at the same law firm where her mother was a legal assistant. Since 2005, Emily has remained steadfast in her commitment to helping people obtain the justice they deserve.
Not only does Emily’s extensive trial experience set her apart from her peers, her ability to maximize case value is outstanding. Notably, Emily is one of the few attorneys in Texas to be recognized for obtaining one of the “top ten personal injury verdicts in Texas in 2021.” In February 2022, she successfully pioneered a novel theory of liability against Amazon.com in federal court, receiving distinct praise from the presiding judge and making legal news nationally. She is a compelling storyteller who is especially adept at motion practice and persuasive writing, and she has a winning record at the state, federal, and appellate levels. She is comfortable leveraging focus groups to ensure her cases are as tailored and trial-ready as possible. All of her experience has culminated in significant victory, with the gross recovery for the cases she has worked on already totaling more than one hundred million dollars.
The never-ending mission of Emily’s personal injury practice is to hold companies accountable for their negligence, misconduct, and recklessness. She has vigorously represented countless clients in cases involving 18-wheelers, workplace injuries, defective products, car collisions, wrongful death, maritime incidents, and premises liability. She strives every day to provide her clients with not just excellent legal services, but also with the consistent communication and respect that they deserve.
Outside of the office, Emily is a compulsive international traveler, an involved member of the Junior League of Houston, and a lover of all things food. She’s a skilled charcoal sketcher and a linguaphile, having studied French for seven years, Latin for six years, Arabic for two years, and Greek and Spanish for one year. In 2016, she married her law school sweetheart, Ryan, in Las Vegas. Together, they share a house in EaDo and happily dote on their baby girl, Sephina, and six-pound poodle, Dama.