According to the Texas Department of Transportation (TXDOT), a person will be killed in an alcohol-related accident every nine hours and six minutes based on the number of drunk driving fatalities in 2020.
In 2020, there were a total of 963 deaths from drinking and driving in the state of Texas and the Houston area logged 4,838 DUI traffic-related crashes. Comparing that to drunk driving data in 2019 shows a staggering 18% increase in drunk driving deaths throughout the state of Texas.
There are programs to prevent drinking and driving and offer tips on how to avoid getting behind the wheel after a night of drinking.
We want to do our part to help make our community safer by offering FREE Uber, Lyft, and Cab rides during the holiday season. As serious injury attorneys, we are dedicated to giving back and preventing those from getting behind the wheel drunk.
How Does it Work?
The program is simple – if you have been drinking – take an Uber, Lyft, or cab ride home and we will reimburse you for it!
Making the responsible decision to catch a ride home can save lives.
Qualifying 2023 Holidays:
- Super Bowl Sunday (NEW)
- St. Patrick’s Day
- Cinco de Mayo
- Independence Day
- Thanksgiving Eve and Day
- New Year’s Eve & Day
Details to the Program:
- Rides must be in the greater Houston area.
- Rides must be taken between 5 PM on the day of the holiday and 10 AM the next morning.
- You must be of legal drinking age to qualify (21 and over).
- Valid for one, one-way ride to a safe destination.
- Limit of one reimbursement per person.
- A maximum value of $35.00 anywhere in the greater Houston metropolitan area.
- The maximum value includes a tip of up to 10%. Anything above a 10% tip on the base fare will not be reimbursed.
- Participation in this promotion is limited to the first 50 submissions per qualifying holiday.
When Will I Get My Reimbursement?
Within 10 business days you must submit a copy of your receipt and photo id by submitting the form below:
Submissions are limited and will fill up fast, so don’t delay submitting your reimbursement.