- State Bar of Texas
- J.D., South Texas College of Law Houston, magna cum laude
- Senior Articles Editor, South Texas Law Review
- Order of the Lytae
- Dean’s List, 2019–2022
- Phi Delta Phi Legal Honor Society
- Impartial Third Party Certification
- CALI Award (Top Grade in Class) in Amateur Sports Law
- Presidential Fellows Program
- Fred Parks Academic Merit Scholarship
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship
- Hyman L. Slohm Memorial Scholarship
- B.S., Arizona State University, Criminology, and Criminal Justice
- American Inns of Court, Garland R. Walker Chapter
- Houston Young Lawyers Association
- South Asian Bar Association
- Asian American Bar Association
- Shruti Modi, Prosecuting Prosecutors: How the Criminal Justice System Fosters Injustice Through the Neglect of Prosecutorial Accountability, 61 S. TEX. L. REV. 551 (2021).
- Acknowledgment: Drury Stevenson, Workplace Violence, Firearm Prohibitions, and the New Gun Rights, 55 S.F. L. Rev. 479 (2021).
Shruti was born in Chicago, Illinois, and was raised in the northwest suburb of Carol Stream before moving to Arizona for college.
She graduated from Arizona State University in 2018 with a B.S. in Criminology and Criminal Justice, and then moved to Houston for law school.
Shruti received her Juris Doctorate degree from South Texas College of Law, where she graduated in the top 10% of her class, magna cum laude.
While attending law school, Shruti mentored 6 other students through the Student Bar Association and the First-Generation Law Student Association.
Shruti also served as the Senior Articles Editor of the South Texas Law Review, and as Assistant to the Editor in Chief and Managing Editor. Her article was published in 2021. She was the only student author in that issue of the Law Review.
Shruti is a first-generation American, as her parents immigrated from India in their late 20s. Shruti is the first person in her entire family to earn a professional graduate degree.
She recognizes that these opportunities would not have been available to her without the courage of her parents.
Their sacrifices are the source of her relentless commitment to go above and beyond in everything that she does in representing her clients.
The challenges Shruti faced in seeing her father’s diagnosis of Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis and its consequences inspired her to fight for he injured.
She remembers the helplessness seeing the physical, emotional, and financial tolls of the disease, which was amplified by the difficulty in understanding why something so devastating had happened to her family.
This experience motivates Shruti to fight for justice for her clients, who have been burdened by physical, emotional, and financial struggles through no fault of their own.
When you have been forced to deal with the unjust consequences of someone else’s negligence, carelessness, or wrongdoing, Shruti will always fight for you.